ONLINE PAYMENTS FOR PERMITS AND RE-INSPECT FEES
901 Avenue C, Katy TX 77493
281.391.4830 . 281.391.4834 fax
- Each permit/payment will require a separate transaction
- To make payments online, you will need a permit number and total before you can process your payment. Please contact our office for this information.
- All building permit applications, swimming pool permits, mobile home permits and fire sprinkler/fire alarm permits must be submitted in person along with the plans. If the project requires plans to be on site, you will be required to come to the office in person to pick up the permit and plans. You will have the option to pay with a credit card, cash or check at the window.
- All other applications may be faxed or emailed to our office. Once the application has been approved and the permit issued, you will be contacted by our office with the permit number and total amount due. Once payment is made online, a copy of the permit will be returned to you by email or fax within 2 business days for an authorized signature which you will then need to email or fax back to our office. If an email address or fax number is not provided, you will need to come to the office to sign the permit and pick up a copy to post on the job site. You will need to post a copy of this permit at the job site before construction can begin.
- Contractor registration: If you are registering by e-mail or fax, you will need to send the contractor registration application, a copy of your driver’s license and state licenses. Your insurance company will need to send proof of general liability listing the City of Katy as certificate holder and proof of auto insurance. If it is out of state insurance, it will need to also list the job address. Once the registration is complete, you will be contacted with a permit number and amount to pay online.
- CONSTRUCTION CANNOT BEGIN UNTIL FULL AMOUNT IS PAID AND PERMIT IS POSTED AT THE JOB SITE.
If you have any questions about the process to pay on line, please contact our office at 281-391-4830.