Republic Services is the garbage provider for the City of Katy. Commercial customers are provided with one 95-gallon blue poly cart. These carts will remain the property of the City. Only carts issued by Republic Services can be used for garbage collection. An additional garbage cart may be requested using this form.
- The City service is available to small commercial units generating less than two (2) cubic yards of uncompressed garbage per week. This service is not provided to Commercial establishments that serve food or sell produce or meat as set out in the City of Katy Code of Ordinances Section 11.402.
- Commercial customers may contract for private garbage collection and pay no garbage fee to the City provided a copy of the private contract is provided to the city and the private contractor meets the requirements set out in the City of Katy Code of Ordinances Section 11.403.
If you have any questions, please contact the City of Katy at 281-391-4801.
Commercial Garbage Guidelines:
- Your collection days will be Tuesday and Friday of each week.
- Trash must be placed at the curb by 8:00 AM. Collection will be completed between 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM on each service day. Carts shall be placed at curbside or as close to the roadway as possible without interfering with traffic flow and not greater than four feet from the roadway. Do not overfill the cart, the lid must be closed.
- Republic Services will collect heavy trash including furniture, appliances, yard waste, bulky items, and tree trimmings each week with your regular garbage. Bagged yard waste will be picked up. Tree trimmings must be less than 2” in diameter, cut into 4-foot lengths and tied neatly in bundles not to exceed 40 pounds.
- Republic Services will NOT collect gas tanks, car parts, wet paint, tires, hazardous materials, items containing freon or that have not been certified that the freon has been removed or any type of construction debris including, but not limited to, sheet rock, lumber, shingles and concrete.
- Should a holiday fall on a scheduled collection day, collection will occur on the next day. Notification of changes in schedules due to a holiday will be posted on the City’s web page.
- An additional cart can be requested by calling the Utility Office at 281.391.4800. The additional monthly charge for a garbage cart is $3.62.