Republic Services is the garbage and recycling provider for the City of Katy. Each residence is provided one 95-gallon blue poly cart for household garbage and one 95-gallon blue/green cart for recyclables. Only carts issued by Republic Services can be used for garbage and recycling collection. No personal cans or bags outside cart will be collected on these days. These carts are the property of Republic Services and will be maintained by Republic. Additional carts may be requested using this form. For service issues or cart repair, call Republic Services at 713-849-0400, option 5.
Qualifications for Service:
- This service is available to small commercial units generating less than two cubic yards of uncompressed garbage per week.
- This service is not provided to Commercial establishments that serve food or sell produce or meat as set out in the City of Katy Code of Ordinances Section 11.402.
- Commercial customers may contract for private garbage collection and pay no garbage fee to the City provided a copy of the private contract is provided to the city and the private contractor meets the requirements set out in the City of Katy Code of Ordinances Section 11.403.
- Your collection days will be Tuesday and Friday of each week.
- Carts must be at the curb by 7:00 AM. Collection will be completed between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM on each service day.
- ONLY items inside carts will be picked up. Do not overfill the cart, the lid must be closed.
- No carts shall be placed at curb for collection except on the designated trash day.
- Carts shall be placed at curb or as close to the roadway as possible without interfering with traffic and not greater than 3 feet from the roadway.
- Wheel side of cart should face your home and the cart opening toward the street.
- Carts must be removed from the curb at the end of your collection day.
Heavy Trash Guidelines:
- Heavy trash will be twice monthly on 1st and 3rd Monday
- Collection is limited to the following:
- 3 bulky items such as appliances or furniture. Appliances such as refrigerators and freezers must have the coolant/freon removed and tagged by a licensed repairman.
- 4 cubic yards of bundled limbs. Limbs must be less than 2” in diameter, cut to 4-foot lengths and tied in small bundles not to exceed 40 lbs.
- Up to 15 bags of yard debris (leaves, clippings, stems, etc.) in CLEAR LAWN BAGS.
- All items should be placed within 5ft from the curb.
- The following items will NOT be collected: construction debris, cross ties, pallets, fencing, flooring, carpet or padding, tires, solvents, paint, petroleum products, pool chemicals, fertilizer, herbicides, pesticides, hazardous materials/chemicals, logs/stumps, car parts/batteries, gas tanks, soil, rocks, concrete, sealed containers, medical waste, medical sharps.
- Carts/regular trash will NOT be picked up this day.
- There will only be one pass through the City and due to the volume of trash, the pickup may take several days until the entire City is completed.
HOLIDAY CHANGES: Should a holiday fall on a scheduled collection day, collection may occur on an alternate day. Notification of changes in schedules due to a holiday will be posted on the City’s web page, City social media accounts and on utility bills.