Republic Services is the garbage provider for the City of Katy. Beginning May 2012, commercial customers will be provided with one 95-gallon blue poly cart. These carts will remain the property of the City. Only carts issued by Republic Services can be used for garbage collection. An additional garbage cart may be requested using this form. If you have any questions, please contact:
713-849-0400 Republic Services Customer Service Dept
281-391-4800 City of Katy
Commercial Garbage Guidelines:
- Your collection day will be Tuesday and Friday of each week.
- Trash must be placed at the curb by 8:00 AM. Collection will be completed between 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM on each service day. Carts shall be placed at curbside or as close to the roadway as possible without interfering with traffic flow and not greater than four feet from the roadway. Do not overfill the cart, the lid must be closed.
- Republic Services will collect heavy trash including furniture, appliances, yard waste, bulky items, and tree trimmings each week with your regular garbage. Bagged yard waste will be picked up. Tree trimmings must be less than 2” in diameter, cut into 4-foot lengths and tied neatly in bundles not to exceed 40 pounds.
- Republic Services will NOT collect gas tanks, car parts, wet paint, tires, hazardous materials, items containing freon or that have not been certified that the freon has been removed or any type of construction debris including, but not limited to, sheet rock, lumber, shingles and concrete.
- Should a holiday fall on a scheduled collection day, collection will occur on the next day. Notification of changes in schedules due to a holiday will be posted on the City’s web page.
- An additional cart can be requested by calling the Utility Office at 281.391.4800. The additional monthly charge for a garbage cart is $3.50.