New Service ApplicationNew Service Application

New Service Application

Prior to having water/sewer/garbage services connected, you must complete an application and pay a deposit. Residential service deposit is $100 and commercial deposits are dependent upon meter size. The City retains this deposit as long as the account is active. A driver’s license or photo identification must be presented at time of application or a copy may be included if sending in application by mail or fax. When moving, please complete the Application to Disconnect and any refund due to you will be sent to your forwarding address.

Applications for new water service must be received by 2:00 p.m. for same day service.  Applications received after 2:00 will be processed the following business day.


IMPORTANT: A Katy mailing address does NOT mean you are within the city limits of Katy. To help determine if your address is in the jurisdiction of the City of Katy, please refer to the map before completing an application for service. If you are not within the city limits, your water is provided by a Municipal Utility District (MUD). To determine which MUD provides water to your address, please contact the HOA in your neighborhood or go to the TCEQ map and follow the steps below:

  1. Type your address and city in the search bar
  2. Once your address is found, hoover over the water drop icon below the address bar
  3. Clicking on the icon will open the information in a separate window
Print Friendly, PDF & Email