Commercial Water Accounts
Businesses can pay their utility bill online, in person or by kiosk.
- Go paperless! You may sign up to receive your utility bill via email.
- Set-up and access your account online to check account balance, view payment and consumption history or make payments. CLICK HERE!
- Payments can be made by cash, check, credit card or money order at Katy City Hall located at 901 Avenue C, Katy, TX 77493 between 8:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- A kiosk is available 24/7 and is located on the Avenue D side of City Hall. Payments made at the kiosk are posted immediately to your account and are considered timely until 8:00 a.m. on the first working day after the 16th.
- An electronic bill pay can be set-up through your bank.
- Automatic bank drafting of your bank account will occur on the 16th of each month at no charge. To sign-up for drafting, please complete the Authorization for Payment of Bank Draft form, found HERE (for Spanish, click HERE).
- Credit cards (we accept: Visa, Mastercard, American Express) used online and in person will include a processing fee.
- We do not consider the postmark on mailed items and do NOT accept any payments by phone.
Payment is due to our office on or before the 16th of each month.
All meters are read electronically and utility bills are mailed on the last day of the month. A penalty is assessed on the 17th (or the next business day). A late notice, with the penalty included, is mailed on the 17th to all outstanding accounts. This notice serves as a cut-off notice and must be paid by the end of the month to avoid service disconnection.
By ordinance, any bill left unpaid 10 days after penalty will be turned off for non-payment and will be charged a $50 disconnect/reconnect fee.
IMPORTANT: A Katy mailing address does NOT mean you are within the city limits of Katy. To help determine if your address is in the jurisdiction of the City of Katy, please refer to the map before completing an application for service. If you are not within the city limits, your water is provided by a Municipal Utility District (MUD). To determine which MUD provides water to your address, please contact the HOA in your neighborhood or go to the TCEQ link and follow the steps below:
- Type your address and city
- Select the yellow notepad labeled District, and in the drop-down box choose MUD
- On the map, click on the word MUD and the information will open in a separate window
For commercial accounts, the Application for Commercial Certificate of Occupancy and/or Water Service must be completed and approved by the Zoning, Building and Code Enforcement Departments before water service can begin.
After the Certificate of Occupancy has been issued, the water/sewer/garbage services can be connected upon receipt of deposit. Commercial deposits are dependent upon meter size and the City retains this deposit as long as the account is active. A driver’s license or photo identification must be presented at time of application or a copy may be included if sending in application by mail or fax. When moving, please complete the Request to Disconnect and any refund due to you will be sent to your forwarding address.
- Application for Commercial Certificate of Occupancy and/or Water Service
- Application to Disconnect Water
- Request to Change Account Information
- Application for Bulk Water/Fire Hydrant Meter
- Current Water/Sewer/Garbage Rates
- Drinking Water Report
For residential customers, click HERE.