Downtown Street Construction Project
2017/05 – UPDATE
Pavers are going in! Since construction started in February, the crew has been hard at work on our downtown street project. Phase 1 – which included all the infrastructure, drainage and electrical work – is nearing completion, and Phase 2 of the project is still on track to be finished on time. We appreciate everyone’s patience and support during the construction, and remember that our downtown merchants are OPEN – come and support your local downtown Katy businesses!
Information on the Downtown Katy Square drainage and road improvement project:
- Lane closures will begin on Monday, January 9, 2017
- Heavy construction will occur in the areas highlighted in green on the map (Phase 1 of project) beginning on Monday, January 16, 2017
- Construction will continue for 8 months (Phase 1: Jan-June, Phase 2: July-Sept)
- Please note the traffic flow that will be in affect during Phase 1 on the map provided.
- When visiting City Hall, please park in the parking lot off Avenue D and enter the building at the west entrance. Merchant parking in front of businesses will be limited.
- We will update the public with Phase 2 at a later date.
- We ask that you please drive slow in this area and obey all traffic signs and detours. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this construction period
*For any questions or concerns as work progresses, please contact Millis Equipment at 281-240-6066.
To downtown PDF of information and map, click here.