|Arthur (Art) Pertile, III, City Attorney
Partner, Olson & Olson, LLP
Appointed June 1, 2010
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts:
Southern District of Texas
Eastern District of Texas
Western District of Texas
Memberships & Associations
- International Municipal Lawyers Association (President Elect)
- Texas City Attorneys Association (TML Board Representative)
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston
- Fort Bend County Bar Association
- Katy Bar Association
- Texas District and County Attorneys Association
- Texas City Attorneys Association President (2001-2002)
- State Bar of Texas Government Lawyers Section (Former Director)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (Former Commissioner)
- Board of Law Examiners District 8 Committee on Admissions (Former Member)
- McLennan County Bar Association (Former Director)
Doctor of Jurisprudence
University of Texas School of Law, 1986
Bachelor of Arts
McMurry University, 1983
Professional Legal Experience
Olson & Olson LLP • Houston, Texas • 2007 – present • Partner
Waco City Attorney • Waco, Texas • 1996 – 2007
Waco City Attorney’s Office • Waco, Texas • 1995 – 1996 • First Assistant
Houston City Attorney’s Office • Houston, Texas • 1993 – 1995 • Assistant City Attorney
Harris County District Attorney’s Office • Houston, Texas • 1990 – 1993 • Assistant D.A.
Waco City Attorney’s Office • Waco, Texas • 1987 – 1990 • Assistant City Attorney
- Serves as General Counsel representing cities, counties, special districts, other local governmental entities and public officials across the State of Texas in areas of litigation and special governmental projects.
- Serves as advisor to governmental clients in a variety of subject matter areas including annexation, zoning and land use regulation, subdivision regulation, economic development, employment, home-rule charters, utility franchising, land acquisition and eminent domain, building and construction regulations, and municipal incorporation.
- Provides legal advice to City Council, city staff, and city boards and commission members on all areas of municipal law.
- Negotiates and drafts Development Agreements.
- Negotiates and drafts contracts, resolutions, releases, and ordinances.
Youth basketball coach for more than 35 years; Board member of Waco Tigers non-profit organization; Former board member of the Waco Foundation, Waco Parents for Public Schools, Texas Sports Hall of Fame and the YMCA of Central Texas. Member and former trustee of Antioch Missionary Baptist Church Waco, Texas and attends Current Christian Church of Katy, Texas.