Mayor Chuck Brawner
Mayor – Elected May 2017 (Term Expires May 2019)
In addition to his law enforcement duties, Chuck has been recognized and has served in the following capacities:Chuck has devoted his career to public service with over forty years of law enforcement experience and is a Graduate of the Leadership Command College at Sam Houston State University. In 2016, he retired as Chief of Police from the Spring Branch ISD Police Department.
Houston 100 Club Officer of the Year
- Chairman & Board Member of Governor’s Juvenile Justice Advisory Board
– Appointed by Governors Bush, Perry, and Abbott
- Texas Representative on Federal Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee to President & U.S. Congress – Appointed by Governor Perry
- Law Enforcement Security Team for the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia and Team Leader for 140 Law Enforcement Officers from U.S. & several foreign countries
- Instructor & Facilitator for Sam Houston State University’s School Crime and Violence Courses
- Guest Instructor for the Harris County Sheriff’s and Houston Police Department Academies
- Joint Commander with Texas Department of Public Safety’s Emergency Operations Regional Staging Area for Hurricanes Ike and Gustav
- Vice-Chairman of the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo Merchandise Committee
- President and Board Member of the Katy High School Band Boosters Organization
- Former Volunteer Fire Fighter & Captain with the West I-10 Fire Department
- Former non-paid regular Police Officer with Katy Police Department (in the early 1980’s)
Chuck and his wife, Marcy, have been married for 31 years. They are members of Parkway Fellowship Church, have three children: Paige, Brian, and Kendall, and four grandchildren.