Requesting Deferred Disposition
Terms of Deferred Disposition:
- Plea of ‘guilty’ or ‘no contest’ to your citation and waiver of jury trial
- A 120 day probation period (cannot receive any new citations within probation time frame)
- Persons under the age of 25 with a moving violation must also complete a Driving Safety Course
- Pay fine in full
- You are at least 17 years of age.
- You possess a valid drivers license, and not a Commercial Driver’s License.
- You have not been on deferred disposition for any violation during the past 12 months in the State of Texas.
- You are not charged with speeding in excess of 24 mph over the limit, passing a school bus while loading/unloading children, nor a construction zone violation.
- Request is made on or prior to the court date on the citation or your reset court date.
- You are not charged with Alcohol, Drug Paraphernalia, Theft, Assault, Disorderly Conduct, Public Intoxication, Driving While License Invalid, No Driver’s License, Any Driver’s License Restrictions (please contact court for full list)
- No Juveniles 10 to 16 years of age are allowed to request deferred disposition online. Juveniles must make a formal court appearance in front of a judge with a parent or legal guardian in order to request deferred disposition.
When requesting deferred disposition, payment is due in full at the time of request.
Ways to Request Deferred Disposition
If you are eligible, you may request deferred disposition the following ways:
- In person at the Katy Municipal Court located at 5432 Franz Road, Katy, TX 77493. Please bring a valid drivers license and form of payment (cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover card).
- Online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/katytx/court/search
You will need your citation number or driver’s license number, date of birth and form of payment (Visa or MasterCard).
- Mailed request sent to Katy Municipal Court, 5432 Franz Road, Katy, TX 77493.
You will need to mail in a Deferred Request Form (or Deferred Request Form-Under Age 25) along with form of payment (Check or money order made payable to ‘Katy Municipal Court’) and a copy of your drivers license.
Please note: If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, but are still wanting to request deferred disposition, you must go to court on your court date listed on your citation or on your reset court date. You are only allowed one reset. You can reset the following ways:
- In person at 5432 Franz Road, Katy, TX 77493
- Via e-mail: email@example.com
- Fax: 281-391-4845
- Via mail: 5432 Franz Road, Katy, TX 77493
Please note: No resets by phone are allowed!