Pay My Water Bill?Pay My Water Bill?

Pay My Water Bill?

901 Avenue C (between 2nd Street and 3rd Street)


281-394-8400 (after-hours information)

Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.                                           

Welcome to the City of Katy                     Pay and View Your Utility Account Online

A Katy mailing address does NOT mean you are within the city limits of Katy. To determine if you are within the city limits, please refer to the map. If you are not within the city limits, your water is provided by a Municipal Utility District (MUD). To determine which MUD district provides water to your address, please contact the Home Owners Association for your neighborhood.

Water Account Information

Prior to having water/sewer/garbage services connected, you must complete an Application (see link below) and pay a deposit. Residential service deposit is $100 and commercial deposits are dependent upon meter size. The City retains this deposit as long as the account is active. A driver’s license or photo identification must be presented at time of application or a copy may be sent if making application by mail or fax. When moving, please complete the Request to Disconnect and any refund due to you will be sent to your forwarding address.

Applications for new water service must be received by 2:00 p.m. for same day service.  Applications received after 2:00 will be processed the following business day.

All meters are read electronically as close to the 15th of each month as possible and utility bills are mailed on the last day of the month. Payment is due in our office on or before the 16th of each month and penalty is assessed on the 17th (or the next business day). A late notice, with the penalty included, is mailed on the 17th to all outstanding accounts. This notice serves as a Cut-Off Notice and must be paid by the end of the month to avoid service disconnection.

By ordinance, any bill left unpaid 10 days after penalty will be turned off for non-payment and will be charged a $50 disconnect/reconnect fee.

A kiosk is available 24/7 and is located on the Avenue D side of City Hall.  Payments made at the kiosk are posted immediately to your account and are considered timely until 8:00 a.m. on the first working day after the 16th. We do not consider the postmark on mailed items and do NOT accept any payments by phone. Payment may be made by cash, check, credit card or money order at City Hall or the following methods:

You may sign up to receive your utility bill via email.  Set up and access your account online to check account balance, view payment and consumption history or make payments at

The utility billing rate schedule can be viewed by clicking the link below.

   Water Rates 2018/01

The City of Katy has maintained a Superior Water District rating for the past 20 years and is dedicated to continuing this service to the citizens. The report below is a summary of the quality of the water we provide our customers.

2017 Drinking Water Report – English         2017 Drinking Water Report – Spanish


Residential Garbage and Recycling Guidelines

Commercial Garbage Guidelines


Should a holiday fall on a scheduled day, collection will be rescheduled for an alternate day.  Notification of changes in collection schedules due to a holiday will be posted on the City website. If you have any questions, you may contact Republic Services Customer Service at 713-849-0400 or the City of Katy at 281-391-4801.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email