Morton Road Expansion
The City of Katy will soon begin the expansion of Morton Road from Katy Hockley Cut-Off westward to Pitts Road. This project has been in the City’s comprehensive plan along with Harris and Waller Counties thoroughfare maps for many years and will be essential to alleviating future mobility and drainage issues.
- The roadway improvements will be constructed in two phases, with the first tentatively beginning spring of 2016 – Phase I will be from Katy Hockley Cut-Off west to Katy Hockley Road and Phase II will be from Katy Hockley Road to Pitts Road.
- The road improvements will consist of four 12 foot lanes, including a five foot concrete sidewalk on the south side of Morton Road. The entirety of this project is located within the City’s right of way and no private property will be taken.
- The finished project will have the same cross section as Avenue D south of Morton Road and will look almost identical to Avenue D.
- This project will also replace the open drainage ditches with a curb and gutter system for better drainage flow.
- Estimated construction cost is $10.4 million and will be paid for using Metro Mobility funds at no additional cost to our taxpayers.