Keep Katy Beautiful
The Keep Katy Beautiful Board, created in 1993 by Mayor Skip Conner has worked hard as a Keep Texas Beautiful and Keep America Beautiful affiliate to promote a clean, litter free community and educate citizens about recycling, landscaping, tree planting and maintenance, as well as waste reduction. Keep Katy Beautiful partners with many student and civic organizations to encourage the mission and goals of these grassroots efforts.
Implementing City budget funds, private donations, grants and the Governor’s Community Achievement Award funds, Keep Katy Beautiful has overseen many local beautification projects including the bronze geese entrance features, Harvest Plaza, the landscaping surrounding our Depot and Caboose, old-fashioned streetlights throughout the City and The Katy City Park Arboretum.
Keep Katy Beautiful’s annual events include:
- Great American Cleanup
- Don’t Mess With Texas Trash Off
- Earth Day
- National Planting Day
- Spring and Fall Community Wide Garage Sales
- America Recycles Day
Keep Katy Beautiful is proud to have won the prestigious Governor’s Community Achievement Awards, awarded by Keep Texas Beautiful, in partnership with the Texas Department of Transportation to Texas communities for their outstanding overall efforts to keep their communities beautiful. This award is one of the most coveted annual environmental and community improvement honors in Texas. Keep Katy Beautiful is proud to have won the GCAA 5 times in 2000, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2018 totaling over 1 million dollars that KKB has been able to put back into our wonderful community.
- The 2000 project is the extensive landscaping long both sides of FM 1463 and corner at Highway 90.
- In 2007, a beautiful bronze geese sculpture “The Landing” was installed at the corner of Katy Mills Boulevard and Highway 90.
- The 2010 and 2013 projects mirror the original bronze sculptures but at Katy Fort Bend Rd and I10 and Pin Oak and I10.
- The 2018 project is curerntly being designed and finalized. The hope is to install landscaping along Highway 90 in Downtown Katy.
For more information on the efforts and upcoming events by Keep Katy Beautiful, please visit our website here.
Like and Follow us on: