Quarterly SUPER Heavy Trash & Calendars
Beginning January 2019, the City of Katy will increase the super heavy trash service to four times a year, January, April, July and October. In addition to the current heavy trash schedule, your super heavy trash service will be:
- The 1st Monday of each quarter if your garbage service is on Tuesday or Friday
- The 2nd Monday of each quarter if your garbage service is on Wednesday
Depending on the volume, the route may take more than one day
A calendar specific to your garbage route will be included in the November 30 water bills or you may print a calendar by clicking on your garbage date.
Super Heavy Trash is all trash left neatly at your curb (including bulky items such as furniture, appliances, bagged yard waste and bundled limbs). Appliances such as refrigerators and freezers must have the coolant/freon removed and tagged by a licensed repairman.
The following items are NOT allowed:
construction debris, cross ties, pallets, carpet or padding, tires, solvents, paint, petroleum products, pool chemicals, fertilizer, herbicides, pesticides, hazardous materials/chemicals, logs or stumps, car batteries, soil, rocks, concrete, sealed containers, medical waste, medical sharps.
As a reminder –
- Carts must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. for service.
- Garbage pickup is limited to the blue garbage cart only.
- The recycling cart is for recyclable items only.
- Regular heavy trash is limited to:
3 bulky items (furniture/appliances)
15 clear bags of yard debris
4 cubic yards of tree branches bundled/tied
For service issues or cart repairs, please contact Republic Services at 713.849.0400, option #5
Announcements and holiday schedule changes will be posted at www.cityofkaty.com